Can you believe that 2013 is coming to an end? If you are still searching for the perfect way to ring in the New Year, there are plenty of opportunities to celebrate near metro Atlanta homes.
Here is a list of some of our favorite ways for residents of all ages to ring in 2014:
- Peach Drop 2014: The annual Peach Drop is the highlight of New Year’s Eve in Atlanta and this year will be even more extravagant as the City of Atlanta celebrates the 25th anniversary of the largest New Year’s Eve gathering in the southeast. Held at Underground Atlanta, the peach will descend from a 138-foot tower of lights as thousands countdown to midnight. As attendees await the countdown to 2014, live performances by Janelle Monae and David Koechner will be performed. The Peach Drop is a 16-hour event that begins at 11 a.m. with a variety of festivities. For more information, visit www.peachdrop.com.
- New Year’s Eve at The Strand: Billy Joe Royal and PARADOCS will hit the stage at The Strand in historic Marietta Square on New Year’s Eve. The event will last from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. with the PARADOCS taking the stage at 8:30 p.m. and Billy Joe Royal rocking out at 10:15 p.m. The roof top terrace will be open for those looking to toast in the New Year under the stars. Tickets for New Year’s Eve at The Strand are $35. To purchase tickets, call 770-293-0080.
- Radio Disney Noon Year’s Eve: While children struggle to make it to midnight, this holiday dance party is the perfect opportunity for children to celebrate the New Year. Radio Disney AM 590 will provide games, cool contests and fantastic prizes, as well as a balloon drop at noon. Radio Disney Noon Year’s Eve is hosted by the City of Smyrna and will be held at the Smyrna Community Center from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve at Century House Tavern: Several local restaurants will celebrate the New Year with delicious celebratory menus. For example, at Century House Tavern in downtown Woodstock, Chef Daniel is whipping up a fabulous three course tasting menu that includes lobster, New York strip and a flourless chocolate cake. Diners also have the option to add black truffles to the lobster or steak. Reservations for this delicious event are required, so call 770-693-4552 to reserve your table for 5 p.m., 9 p.m. or 10 p.m.
- Noon Year’s Eve Ball at The Children’s Museum of Atlanta: Children have another opportunity to celebrate the New Year with a Noon Year’s Eve Ball at The Children’s Museum of Atlanta. Beginning at 11:30 a.m., children and their families are invited to join Princess Tiana and Prince Charming for cotillion dancing and other fun activities. Following the countdown to noon, guests can participate in a grand ballroom procession throughout the museum. This family-friendly New Year event is free with general admission. To reserve your spot, call 404-527-3693.
- New Year’s Eve Dinner at FuegoMundo: If you are a resident of a new home in Sandy Springs and are just looking to enjoy a nice dinner out, check out FuegoMundo’s New Year’s Eve pre fixe menu. For $36 per person, individuals will enjoy a celebratory menu that includes appetizers, entrées and desserts. All menu selections are 100 percent dairy free. To make your reservation for this unique dining experience, call 404-256-4330.
If you haven’t made your plans for New Year’s Eve, these are just a few of the opportunities you have to ring in 2014 near your metro Atlanta new home.
After you ring in the New Year, don’t forget to celebrate with a new home. For more information on all of our Atlanta communities, visit the Traton Homes website today.