While many of us carve pumpkins for the Halloween season, there is another tradition that brings many of us back to our childhood – caramel apples! While the traditional apple dipped in caramel and put on a wooden stick is still a favorite, there are many ways to spice up this delicious treat.
Here are some fun recipes from Delish.com:
- Candy Apples – Replace caramel with cinnamon candies to add a little kick to your Halloween. To add a little flair to your candy apples, stick them on clean twigs or candy sticks instead of wood dowels.
- Triple Dipped S’mores Apples – Two classics come together when you melt marshmallows and chocolate chips onto Granny Smith apples and dip them into crushed graham crackers to create Triple Dipped S’Mores Apples.
- Candy-Coated Caramel Apples – Take your caramel apples one step further by setting them into a pile of candy toppings. From M&M’s to Butterfingers, the candy will add an extra crunch to your caramel apple recipe.
- Decadently Dark Candy Apples – We can’t forget to pay tribute to the villains of Halloween with these bewitching apples. Follow the same recipe as the before mentioned candy apples, but add a little black food coloring to add a dark spin to your Halloween treats.
- Ghostly Coconut – Covered Apples – If you are going for a ghastly white theme, try out this Ghostly Coconut-Covered Apples recipe. By dipping the apples into melted white chocolate and covering it with shredded coconut, you will get a treat that is sure to satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth.
Whether you are a fan of the traditional caramel apple or are looking to spice up your Halloween traditions, our gourmet kitchens offer plenty of counter space to make your culinary creations.
If you are looking to purchase a new home in metro Atlanta, be sure to visit the Traton Homes website today! We hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!