A football party is not complete without some tasty treats to snack on while you root for your favorite team. Chips and dip are a fan favorite and while salsa, guacamole and ranch will never get old, here are some of our favorite dip recipes that are sure to spice up your party:
- Zucchini Almond Dip
- 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place all of the above ingredients in a blender/food processor and puree until mixture is smooth, but has some texture to it. A little bit of crunch is good.
- Edamame Dip
- 12 to 16 ounces shelled edamame, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup, packed, roughly chopped fresh cilantro, including stems
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, roughly chopped
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ cup of lime or lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 5 shakes of Tabasco
- 3 drops of dark sesame oil
After you boil the edamame in well salted water, place the drained edamame in a food processor and pulse several times. Add the chopped cilantro and pulse again. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until well pureed. Adjust seasonings to preferred taste.
- Shrimp Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 to 4 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ¾ pound of cooked, shelled, small pink shrimp
- ¼ cup slide scallions, including the greens
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco or Crystal hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
First, mix together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Then, add the lemon juice and lemon zest and beat until smooth. With a food processor, pulse together the shrimp and cream cheese mixture. If not, just finely chop the shrimp. Stir in the remaining ingredients and add more lemon juice to taste.
- Spicy Asian White Bean Dip
- 1 15oz can of white beans (rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce or any spicy chili sauce
- 1 large clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a medium saucepan over moderate heat, melt the cream cheese until smooth and add the celery, hot sauce and chicken. Transfer the mixture to a nine-inch pie plate and sprinkle the crumbled blue cheese on top. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip
- 1 (2.1 ounce) package fully cooked bacon slices
- 1 (16 ounce) container of sour cream
- 2 cups freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup of sliced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Garnishes: cooked, crumbled bacon; sliced fresh chives; freshly cracked pepper
After you have cooked the bacon, crumble and stir together with the sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chives and hot sauce. Cover and chill one to 24 hours before serving and garnish if desired.
No matter which team you are rooting for, these dip recipes are sure to help you score a touchdown at your next football bash.
If you are currently searching for a metro Atlanta home, our spacious, open home designs are perfect for entertaining. For more information on our Atlanta communities, visit the Traton Homes website today.