Recently, Traton Homes contributed tips to Atlanta Home Improvement Magazine’s “Spring Spruce-Up” article to let Atlanta residents know what they need to do to prep their homes for spring. Even if you live in one of Traton’s Atlanta luxury homes, there are still several great tips you can take away to keep your home looking as new as the day you closed.
Start off your spring maintenance routine by inspecting the outside of your home.
- Clean gutters and remove leaves from rooftops, to prevent wet leaves from causing rot. Be sure to wash those window screens that have been exposed to the elements.
- Inspect the screens for holes or gaps that could let insects in – crucial during the warm summer months when mosquitoes seem to be everywhere.
- Prune shrubs away from the exterior of the home, and give your home and driveway a good pressure wash to return the facade to its original glory.
When the weekend is rainy, it’s a good time to work on some interior maintenance projects.
- Change your filter to a high-performance filter. Then continue to change it as often as the label recommends to ensure healthy indoor-air quality.
- Flush out corrosion-causing sediment from your water heater by carefully draining several gallons until the water runs clear.
- Consider an energy audit to learn where you can save more money on energy bills.
- Test and replace the batteries in your carbon monoxide detector and smoke detector.
There are many more tips included on the list. Check out the list online or see where to pick up a copy of Atlanta Home Improvement Magazine.
A new home from Traton Homes is built to last and be beautiful for years to come. If you are looking for your new home in Atlanta, visit the Traton Homes website.