Fall is quickly approaching, and football season is officially here! This means Saturday tailgates, Sunday gatherings, Monday night madness and Thursday night fun! Yes, football games have become almost a nightly event, so when you have friends over, what do you serve? Here are eight easy dishes to make your game day delightful:
- Slow-cooked Beef Sliders: Crank up the slow cooker about 24 hours prior to the event, drop in your favorite cut of beef and let it cook. Then, come game day, bring your cooker to the event and plug it in. You’ve got a fan favorite!
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Pulled pork is always a popular choice! Grab some buns, and slow cook some pork. Your friends and family will love the taste of pit-barbeque at the tailgate.
- Chili Bread Bowls: For this dish, get large rolls, a delicious slow-cooked chili and spoons. Cut the tops off of the rolls and let guests hollow them out and fill with your yummy chili concoction. Garnish the top with some shredded cheese and maybe some jalapeños for a spicy accent of flavor.
- Spicy Buffalo Wings: An American classic, this dish is a must-have on game day. Order them from a local favorite such as Buffalo Wild Wings or Taco Mac. Are you a DIY-er? Buy drumsticks and flats from your local grocer, and dress them with a favorite store-bought or homemade sauce. Be sure to cater to the spice lover with hot flavors and the milder wing eater with a medium flavor. Mix and match with barbeque sauce, hot sauce or honey mustard for delicious flavor combinations; oh, and don’t forget the ranch and blue cheese!
- Hush Puppies: This down home country classic will have taste buds raving at the tailgate! Very simple to make, hush puppies taste awesome. Since they’re all bread product, they’ll see you through until dinner time.
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders: Anytime the words “buffalo” and “chicken” are in the same sentence, the combination is a winner. Soak chicken cutlets in a buffalo sauce, and serve on a sesame seed roll. For added flavor and crunch, add a pickle to the top and skewer it with a tooth pick to hold it all together.
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip: This dish is everyone’s favorite and is easy entertaining at the tailgate. To ensure a smooth game day celebration, make this dip the night before, store it in a cool place, then bake on the day of the event. Serve with chips, pita bread or some form of cracker for a sure-fire winner.
- Team Themed Cakes: Don’t forget dessert! Who doesn’t love a good sheet cake? Especially when it has your team on it! Buy a cake from the local bakery shop, cut it into equally sized squares and decorate them with different teams’ colors and logos to cater to all the friends.
Football season is perfect for entertaining friends and family in your new home. Use one of these ideas, or all of them, to make your game day great! For more information about new homes in Atlanta, visit Traton Homes online or go to www.Facebook.com/TratonHomes.