Celebrating the Independence of our great nation this weekend? The Fourth of July is a time for us all to relax and celebrate the glorious freedom we enjoy in the United States. If you’re looking for party food and drink ideas, look no further! We have a few delicious recipes to help you enjoy your celebration!
- Mustard Glazed Mushroom Burger – Burgers are a classic American meal. This delicious twist on a long time favorite will put a smile on your guest’s face! Halfway through cooking your burger, glaze it with a soy sauce, mustard and sugar sauce. Once the burgers are finished, top them with Swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms. Simple and yummy!
- Mama’s Cornmeal Hushpuppies – These delectable little treats add some zing to the classic hushpuppy. Adding jalapeños with the seeds included create a fun, spicy kick. Who knew something as simple as cornmeal, onions and salt, could come out so good! Deep fry these delicious balls of cornmeal for a couple minutes, and this side dish is complete!
- Muddled Lemonberryade – Every successful Independence Day celebration needs a delicious, refreshing and festive drink. This easy-to-make drink recipe features muddled lemons with fresh mint and sugar for a wonderfully sweet, sour and cool flavor. Throw in some strawberries, sliced lemons and blueberries, add some water, stir and lightly mash the fruit, and you’ve got a delectable and refreshing holiday drink!
- Tomato and Watermelon Salad – What better way to offset the troves of indulgent burgers, and deep fried goodness than with a light and refreshing salad. Oh, but this is no ordinary salad! Slice up some farmer’s market fresh tomatoes and watermelon, toss them together and drizzle the mix with a light balsamic, lemon juice and olive oil dressing for a tasty treat. This salad is a great way to cleanse your palette, and it looks beautiful!
- Easy Peach Cobbler – What’s the best part of the day? Well, some would say dessert! Nothing says Happy 4th down south like an easy-to-make peach cobbler. Fresh peaches will certainly taste better, but canned peaches work just as well. A simple recipe, this mixture of batter and peaches is sure to sweeten the party. Top it with homemade whipped cream, and you have yourself a delightfully simple Georgia peach themed dessert.
For a more in-depth look at these recipes, click here.
Many Independence Day festivities take place at community pools and cabanas, where neighbors gather to celebrate the holiday.
McClure Farms is an incredible community showcasing 74 beautiful single-family homes and a fun-filled amenity center that includes a large pool, kiddie pool with water feature, cabana with outdoor fireplace and playground. Homes feature three-sides architectural detail and side-entry garages.
Lochshire is located in Acworth and features and extraordinary amenities package with a pool, cabana, two lighted tennis courts, a tot lot playground and sidewalks throughout. It provides easy access to I-75, I-575 and Hwy 92 for easy commuting and traveling to nearby shopping and dining.
For more information on Traton Homes, stop by one of these beautiful communities or go to the Traton Homes website.