Labor Day weekend is just a week away and you do not have to load up the car and hit the road to enjoy a little holiday fun. When you live in one of our metro Atlanta new home communities, there are plenty of opportunities for you to enjoy a staycation with the family.
Here are just a few of our favorite events happening in metro Atlanta throughout Labor Day Weekend:
- Celebrate Freedom Atlanta is the largest FREE one-day concert in Atlanta. This family-friendly concert will be held on Saturday, August 31 and features top Christian recording artists including Switchfoot, Third Day, Laura Story, Francesca Battistelli and more. This year’s concert will take place on the grounds of the Jim R. Miller Park in Marietta. Tickets for this event can be picked up at all Goodwill of North Georgia and Atlanta area Family Christian locations. In addition to the concert, there will be a Celebrate Freedom 5K and 10K that morning with registration beginning at 6 a.m. For more information on Celebrate Freedom Atlanta, visit www.celebratefreedomatlanta.com.
- Labor Day Weekend is the last opportunity for you to soak up the sun at Acworth Beach. Located on the north shore of Lake Acworth in Cauble Park, Acworth Beach features a white sand beach with a roped off area for swimming. While Labor Day is the last opportunity for individuals to go swimming, Cauble Park does offer year-round fun with a volleyball net, playgrounds, picnic areas, fishing and boating available.
- Marietta Art in the Park, held each year over Labor Day weekend, has been a Historic Marietta Square tradition since 1986. There is something for everyone at this fine art extravaganza with an artist market, children’s art gallery, the Marietta ChalkFest and the famous Painted Pots. In addition to the exquisite art displays, visitors to Art in the Park will have the opportunity to visit the unique shops, restaurants, museums and galleries that make-up Historic Marietta Square. For more information, visit www.artparkmarietta.com.
- Hosted by Mt. Zion Baptist Church and benefitting Hide and Day Camp, the Hickory FlatOUT 5K is a great opportunity for families to enjoy some exercise this Labor Day. In addition to the 5K, children can participate in a one mile fun run. Registration costs are $30 for the 5K and $20 for the one mile. The course is fairly flat and friendly, making this a great race for experienced or first-time racers. For more information, visit www.hickoryflatout.com.
North Fulton County
- The City of Roswell will host its 12th Annual End of Summer Celebration on Sunday, September 1, 2013 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Held at Centennial High School, the End of Summer Celebration offers fun for the entire family with live music, carnival games, food and fireworks at dark. Proceeds from this event benefit many clubs at Centennial High School.
- Enjoy a night out of the house and under the stars when you join the Chattahoochee Nature Center for their Backyard Campout. This overnight adventure begins at 5 p.m. on Saturday, August 31 and ends on Sunday, September 1 at 10 a.m. Activities throughout the night include night hikes, games in the meadow, visits with nocturnal animals, roasting marshmallows around a campfire and more. Cost of the campout is $45 per tent for the general public and $35 per tent for CNC member families. Visit www.chattnaturecenter.org to register for this family-fun event.
With all of these fun events, as well as the numerous parks, lakes, rivers, museums and more that are located throughout metro Atlanta, there are plenty of opportunities to make your Labor Day Weekend staycation the best “vacation” ever.
For more information on our metro Atlanta homes, as well as our stunning St. Simons Island real estate at Frederica, visit the Traton Homes website today!