If you have been watching HGTV Star this season or stopped by one of our model homes, you might have noticed one of our favorite kitchen trends. White! While dark cabinets were all the rage a few years ago, and still a preference for some, white cabinets are in and at Traton Homes we are excited about this transitional trend. If you are looking to spice up the kitchen in your luxury Cobb County homes, a white kitchen is your opportunity.
You may be wondering how a neutral cabinet can spice up your kitchen, but with the right accessories, your kitchen can go from average to white hot. Here are some tips from Traton Homes’ Design Center Director, Angi Sago, on how to design around your white kitchen:
- Countertops: There are two extremes that compliment white cabinets, black granite countertops with no movement/veining or white granite countertops with very little movement/veining.
- Backsplashes: The simple clean look of white subway tile. You can jazz this look up by accenting with decorative glass tile, resulting in a more modern look. White marble subway tile still gives that fresh look but leans a little more towards the traditional.
- Fixtures: Chrome or brushed nickel hardware, faucets and lighting.
- Appliances: Very commercial look with stainless steel finish, including hoods.
- Flooring: Hardwood floors that showcase a rich, dark stain.
As with any room in your luxury Cobb County home, fabric, accessories and artwork go a long way for adding a pop of color to the kitchen. Another way to add a little color is to incorporate glass into your cabinets and show off your beautiful colored dishes.
Are you still a little skeptical of this hot new trend? Check out the beautiful white kitchens in our fully-decorated model homes at The Estates at Davis Ridge in East Cobb County and The Estates of Fernwood Creek in Woodstock, near Roswell, for a firsthand look at this trend done right.
If you still aren’t sure the white kitchen trend is for you, don’t worry. Traton Homes’ Design Center has a wide-variety of cabinets to choose from, so that you can design your dream kitchen.